If you have an Apple iPhone, iPad or Mac, you may wonder at the many prompts to “sign in with your Apple ID” – and mystified by your ID’s relationship to iCloud. Tech tutor Michael Jay leads an interactive workshop on these powerful features, which enable some of the most valuable aspects of the Apple system – yet which generate the majority of his Apple-related calls for help.
Whether you’re new to Apple products, or are already comfortable with your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, this program, dedicated solely to Apple ID’s and iCloud, will help you gain more from your device. We’ll address:
- What is the relationship between your Apple ID and iCloud?
- If your Apple ID is your email address, why isn’t the password for that email account also the password your Apple ID password?
- What is “cloud computing”?
- How can you use iCloud to sync your PHOTOS between your devices?
- What else can you use iCloud for?
Technology consultant and former Apple Store specialist shows the core features of your Apple ID and its use with iCloud. Bring your iPhone, iPad, and/or Mac laptop, device to this lecture.
Instructor Michael Jay of TECHsperienced is a personal tech tutor who has used Apple products professionally for over 30 years. He worked previously in Hollywood and New York as an editor and technology consultant. Michael has lectured at over a dozen local institutions, and is the ongoing tech tutor and computer instructor for Kent Memorial Library. He has also taught technology at Stevens Institute of Technology and NYU