The Scoville Memorial Library offers a home delivery program for those residents who are unable to go to the library because of:
- Permanent physical disability
- Visual impairment
- Temporary convalescence from illness, injury or surgery
- Have no other means of receiving library service such as delivery through family members or friends
The resident must have a current library card and must fill out a Home Delivery Services Application. Both matters may be handled by a family member or by someone selected by the applicant.
The home delivery service includes:
- Free, once every twenty-one (21) days, delivery to the home
- A call from the volunteer or staff member prior to delivering the materials
- Personally selected books
- Books that are due will be picked up and returned to the library.
Patrons are free to request books that the library does not have in its collection and reserve books which are not on the shelves.
Patrons may call the library at 860-435-2838 to learn more about this service.